The full text of the Resolution announced by Nadiya Savynska:
We, the citizens of Ukraine, who gathered together to participate in the EuroMaidan-Kharkiv action,
Taking into account that Ukraine eternally belongs to the European political sphere,
Recognizing that the longing of Ukraine for a union with European nations is unchangeable,
Willing to remind everyone that Eurointegration of Ukraine is supported by the majority of her people, and by the overwhelming majority of her young citizens,
Also taking into account that a successful economic development of Ukraine is possible only under the condition of preserving the economic freedoms and basic human rights and freedoms of the speech, press and other forms of mass media, meetings, associations; and that the democratic form of government must be renewed, and the full-fledged integration of Ukraine into the world economy must be ensured;
Taking into consideration that if Ukraine does not sign the treaty about its association with the EU, she will dangerously slide into authoritarianism, corruption, and poverty;
Also taking into consideration the illegal, unsubstantiated, and disproportional use of force by the Ukrainian government against peaceful rallies that supported Eurointegration;
Also taking into consideration the acutely negative reaction of the EU and the USA to the fact that the Ukrainian executive branch of power failed to fulfill its own promises regarding the signing of the Eurointegration, as well as to guarantee the citizens of Ukraine their constitutional rights;
Voicing our concern about the escalation of the political standoff in Ukraine, and, on the background of this standoff, about the increasing threat to the Ukrainian sovereignty, territorial integrity and constitutional order –
1. Demand the resignation of the government, immediate re-election of the Verkhovna Rada (parliament), and the impeachment of the president.
2. Encourage all civic and political forces in Ukraine including her parliament, the executive powers and the President to do everything in their power to make sure that the current crisis in Ukraine is overcome exclusively by non-violent means, based on a civilized dialogue.
3. Ask that all of the Ukrainian civic and political forces keep doing everything that is needed for the national interests of Ukraine and for her Eurointegration.
4. Ask NATO to warn Russia to stay away from interfering with the Ukrainian affairs.
Voted unanimously “Aye” at the meeting near the T.H. Shevchenko monument in Kharkiv, Ukraine, Dec. 1, 2013.
Full video record of adotion (in Ukrainian) here
Coodination committee of Euromaidan Kharkin includes
- Kharkiv Human Rights Protection Group
- Maidan Monitoring Information Center
- Democratic Alliance Party
- Foundation of Local Democracy
- Civic Movement “We are Europeans”
- Independent Trade Union of Enterpreneurs “Unity”
- Kharkiv Branch of Young Prosvita
- Ukrainian Club of Slobidchyna
- Youth Nationalist Congress
Photos from this assembly